|Publishers||Sony Computer Entertainment|
|First Release||August 28, 2012|
The natural evolution to the massively successful HD Collection wave kick-started by the release of the God of War Collection, the Playstation Collections branding was created by Sony to push their franchises even harder. Launching near a newly rebranded and less expensive model of Playstation 3, the Playstation Collections highlight the console's strongest franchises by bundling games from the PS3, HD upscaled Playstation 2 and HD Playstation Portable games into one set, allowing for whole franchises to be purchased at significantly lower prices than their original retail or the cost of buying second hand copies of the games.
The initiative launched on August 28th, 2012 and has become the default "HD Collection" template since then.
- God of War Saga (God of War, God of War II, God of War III, Chains of Olympus, Ghost of Sparta)
- inFAMOUS Collection (inFAMOUS, inFAMOUS 2, inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood)
- Ratchet and Clank Collection (Ratchet and Clank, Going Commando, Up Your Arsenal)
- Assassin's Creed: Ezio Trilogy (Assassin's Creed II, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Assassin's Creed: Revelations)
- Killzone Trilogy (Killzone, Killzone 2, Killzone 3)
- Resistance Collection (Resistance: Fall of Man, Resistance 2, Resistance 3, Multiplayer DLC)
- Jak & Daxter Trilogy for Vita (Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, Jak 2, Jak 3)
- Best of PlayStation Network Vol. 1 (Tokyo Jungle, Fat Princess, Sound Shapes, When Vikings Attack)
- Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection (Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2, Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid VR Missions, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty HD, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD)